Looking for a place to stay in Elyu? Consider Flotsam and Jetsam Hostel on your next stay!
I had the chance to explore Elyu for 3D/2N with all the adventure and discoveries, you may also want to read : La Union Itinerary for 3D/2N – What to do? Where to go?
One of the highlights of my La Union Trip was the very very very comforting and nice hostel we stayed at (*superlative on all!! coz it was really amazing) hahaha! I so love everything about Flotsam and Jetsam! The place, the accommodation, the food, location and its value for money. In this blog, I’ll share with you my experience and what you can also expect when thinking where to stay in Elyu for a vacay.
ROOM RESERVATION AND RATES
- For room availability and actual rates of the room please check the official website of F & J thru : http://www.flotsamandjetsamhostel.com/
- check your preferred room based on your preference, going Solo? With a partner with you? Barkada in Trio? or a group of 4? they have all options with you, non AC and with AC room, whether a private comfort room or a dorm style backpacking room, they got it all here for you
- Please do note that rates varies depending on peak season, surcharge on rates happens on weekends and during holidays
- make sure to book a room in advance via site, as Flotsam and Jetsam Hostel is one of the favorite go-to place in Elyu, you might be disappointed to go walk-in and won’t get entertain
HOW TO GO TO FLOTSAM AND JETSAM HOSTEL :
- From Cubao, ride a bus bound to San Juan La Union (Partas Bus Terminal have direct bus trip going to San Juan)
- You may alight directly in front of Flotsam and Jetsam Hostel just tell the bus “konduktor”
As you enter Flotsam, you’ll see this reception area. Check-in time is 2PM and Check-out at 11AM.
We were lucky enough to checked-in the hostel at 12NN since it was a mid-week and not a peak season. Always an advantage I tend to have on my travels 😀
I was with two of my great friends during this trip, we booked for the 3 Bed AC Room for P3,400 / night.
Please do note that F & J have different choices depending on your preference, but I tell you that every penny was worth the stay here in Flotsam 🙂
The room accom. includes free daily breakfast, common CR was used but it was still pretty convenient for everyone.
And welcome to our room,
This 3 Bedroom was super nice and the orientation of the beds was pretty smart as well. It is well ventilated, apart from the AC there is a fan, enough space for our things, small sala on the side to sit with and chat with your 2 friends. (*if you are that clingy :p)
Always my favorite part on hostel is the separate lighting and electrical sockets perfect for charging at the end of the day. No need to rush between one another to charge your electronics.
Each bed has its pillow, a throw pillow and a towel. There were mini “sampayan” all over the place and CR was just situated right next to the rooms.
You wouldn’t mind about food choices in Elyu as it has so many choices to choose from, lucky also for those who wanted to stay in the hostel, F & J also have its restaurant and on weekends it serves as a party place for everyone!!!
It’s Bali Inspired feels of the resto with intricate details make it look more wonderful.
All room accommodation comes with a free breakfast at the resto place. And they have options of breads, eggs, fruits, cereals, coffee and jam. Please do note that they do not serve rice meals on breakfast.
At night, the place is also a go-to place for many as it is open for everyone. They have floor matting and pillows on the floor should you wish to spend some more time to chill and feel the vibe of Elyu.
They offer rice meals, pasta and pizza, drinks and cocktails are also available here.
During our last night, we decided to have our dinner in Flotsam and it was really good. Best to order the Salmon Meal if you want a rice meal.
FINAL NOTES :
- As a whole, we enjoyed our stay in Flotsam and Jetsam, it was one of the best I’ve tried
- They have Wi-fi in rooms, but may have slow connection at times, however, at any part of the hostel there is a wi-fi
- the CR’s even it is common restroom, it was well maintained and you would still feel home
- the colors and vibe of the hostel as a whole was very relaxing and cool at the same time
- mineral water dispenser is available at the reception area, just bring your own bottle with you
- the place itself is near to everything, you may walk or ride a tricycle to take your preferred places
What other cool accommodation places can you recommend in Elyu? Care to share.
If you enjoy reading my page you may like and follow me on the following sites below :
Facebook : @ilovenatsblog
Instagram : @nathaliecsalcedo
To more travel destinations. – xoxo
*All photos are original from the blogger @nathaliecsalcedo