Looking for a quick laid back trip from Manila?
Zambales — my go to weekend destination, my favorite beach destination as it has so many to offer, laid back ambiance, nice beach and accommodation plus going to Zambales is pretty convenient from Manila as it only requires 4 – 5 hours bus ride trip.
In this blog, I’ll be sharing with you my trip to San Narciso preferably the famous resort – Crystal Beach Resort.
*Also read other places to visit in Zambales : Inflatable Island, Zambales – What to expect and guide for a Day Tour ; Liw-liwa Zambales : A weekend getaway
It was a typical weekday schedule as we plan a trip for another beach escapade, tired mind and bodies over our busy workload I initially thought of a chillin’ trip, nothing much of an activity but plain relaxation.
A weekday, as always, the best time to visit beaches in the Philippines, you get the entire space for yourself and the calmness was truly felt. I was initially shocked how Crystal Beach looks pretty stunning, it may not have that crystal white sand beach but the golden brown to ash grey sand does not matter as we gaze over the sun and swim thru the beach.
Plus the food that the restaurant is offering was also worth the visit and the ambiance everywhere is worthy for a snap.
HERE’S HOW TO GO TO CRYSTAL BEACH FROM MANILA?
- From Manila, ride a bus bound to Sta. Cruz or Iba Zambales
- we boarded from Victory Liner (Caloocan Terminal) bus fare is P272.00
- you may also ride in Cubao or choose other bus line companies around area
- it was a 5 hour bus trip with stopovers
- Alight at San Narciso Church
- From San Narciso Church, ride a tricycle to bring you straight to Crystal Beach Resort (Fare is P15 per person)
GOING BACK TO MANILA
- Ride a tricycle back bound to San Narciso Church
- From there, wait for Victory Bus heading to Caloocan or Cubao
ROOM RATES AND ACCOMMODATION :
You’ll be surprised that Crystal Beach has so many options to choose from, it depends on your preference, budget and availability.
You may camp thru the tent around the beach, do glamping for a different experience, a nipa hut or a private room with AC and a private CR — they got all options to you.
- For rates of the accommodation you may check thru :
- bookings may be done thru its official website as well :
As for our end, we chose to book “Matthew Attic 1” this is a room perfect for 4 pax worth P4,950.00 // the room is with AC, a private restroom, 4 single beds, a cabled TV with towels and toileries, it also include a free breakfast, you may add up to 2 addl more bed for P1,000 per pax.
Each pax only has to pay P1,190 for an overnight stay with all the amenities mentioned.
Tent Camping may go as low as P500 pesos per night per person, so everything is still really dependent on your final budget.
Since it was a lean season, and booked on a weekday we got 25% off from our total accommodation bill.
This is how the Attic looks like. We fell in love with its relaxing vibe and it felt really special at the same time. If you are big in a group, I suggest to rent this type of accommodation as well.
The beach area is a combination of a golden yellow sand to greyish ash sand. Though it does not have that white sand feels over the water, it was really clean and everyone would still end up soaking in the water.
They also offer surfing lesson should you wish one.
What makes Crystal Beach more special is the ambiance in and within the resort. The Nami Island Trees perfectly arranged here was definitely picture and IG worthy!
Other activities you may also do in Crystal Beach is to learn how to surf, spend a marshmallow bonfire by the shore, beach volley and enjoy the rest of the resort.
Inside the resort there is actually a restaurant which I recommend everyone to try too! They have affordable dishes and definitely worth the try. Price Range per dish from P120 – P200 pesos, it may be shared by 2 or more in the group so you’ll be able to save more to divide all actual expenses.
For those who’ll stay for overnight, part of the accommodation is the free buffet breakfast. They offer rice meals, breads, soup, drinks and coffee, pancakes and cereals and it was definitely a healthy and full breakfast to look forward too.
FINAL NOTES :
- As a whole, I enjoyed our overnight stay in this resort, it was very relaxing and the view was really wonderful. I do not edit much of my photos to make sure it speaks of the reality of the place and indeed, it was really beautiful
- Traveling on a weekday always have this advantage and it makes you own the place for a while
- I loved the accommodation and the privacy we had during our stay, but if you opt for a cheaper alternatives there is still a lot of it to look for
- You may spend a laid back trip on this or do series of activities you’d like to have
If you enjoy reading my page you may like and follow me on the following sites below :
Facebook : @ilovenatsblog
Instagram : @nathaliecsalcedo
To more travel destinations. – xoxo