BALI TRAVEL GUIDE FOR 6D/5N || From temples, scenery, nature, the food, beaches, the activities, the Balinese Culture and traditions, the place as a whole, the cheap fancy hotels, superb villas, the locals who welcomes the tourists heartwarming, the chillin’ vibe and to Instagrammable spots to look out — SEE!! Bali is indeed everything.
It is a place where everyone is loving, a peg everybody has been talking about, a sanctuary they call paradise. A country and place where I am sure you’d fall in love with too. I had its first glimpse of Bali after I watched EAT.PRAY.LOVE movie of Julia Roberts, I fell in love how solo travelling was placed into the picture and how wonderful Bali could be, I did series of research, look over different blogs, talked to my fellow traveler friends hahaha! That certainly helped me finished my own set of itinerary. Look how I managed everything for almost a week of jam-packed activities and adventures.
Also read : BALI TRAVEL GUIDE FOR 7D/6N : DETAILED GUIDE
ITINERARY IN BALI TRIP
MANILA – UBUD – BEDUGUL – SEMINYAK – ULUWATU – NUSA PENIDA
DAY 1 – MNL – UBUD
Overview : It was a stressful Friday vibe with all the work from the office before I headed straight to airport for my first super early morning call time as I bound for Bali.
Going to Bali from Manila – the usual time is only between late night flight of 11PM to early morning flight like mine at 4AM. Directly from the airport, our tour guide / driver “SATRIA” fetched us directly from the airport and started our day trip all the way to Ubud.
- Car Service rental from Airport to Ubud Day Tour via Satria Bali Tour
- Contact number : SATRIA of BALI TOURS via Whatsapp +62 812-4675-3054
- Rate : IDR 450.000 / Php 1,700.00 (*we were 4 in the group that we manage to save and divide the cost for it)
- Brunch at Teba Sari Restaurant
- Tegalallang Rice Terrace (*if entrance only – IDR 50.000)
- Super Extreme Bali Swing (IDR 200.000 / Php 700 / USD 14.14)
- Open from 6:30AM – 6:30PM
- Alas Harum Agro Tourism
- Free entrance with free coffee and tea tasting
- Luwak Coffee (IDR 50.000 / Php 185 / USD 3.51)
- Tegenungan Waterfall (*if time permits)
- Ubud Temple – FREE Entrance
- Saraswati Temple – FREE Entrance
- Ubud Market
- Shopping escapade
- Make sure to bargain rates as low as 50% off the first offered price
- The Rattan Circular Bag should be at least – IDR 100.000 per piece to be worth the price
- Gourmet Gelato Ubud
- Check-in Sari Villa Ubud
- Dinner Out – Sareng sareng (*near our hotel place in Ubud)
DAY 2 – UBUD
Overview : My initial itinerary was swapped between the first and second day due to certain considerations that was mentioned by our guide. We continued the Ubud Trip once again on the second day.
- Hotel buffet breakfast from Ubud Sari Villa
- But since we started the trip pretty early, we only have pancakes for breakfast hahaha!!
- 5:00AM | Pick-up from hotel
- Pura Lempuyang
- The Golden Gate to Heaven
- Free Entrance
- But everyone needs to wear a sarong with a rent for IDR 10.000 per sarong. If you opt to buy a big sarong for you – it would be better as well so no need to rent
- Tirta Gangga
- Entrance Fee IDR 40.000
- Fish Pellet IDR 5.000
- Tirta Empul
- Holy Spring Water
- Entrance IDR 50.000
- Our tour guide IDR 100.000 / 4 = IDR 25.000 per pax
- Shopping in Tirta Empul
- Back to hotel
- Swimming in Hotel
- Dinner – Sareng Sareng
DAY 3 – BEDUGUL – SEMINYAK
Overview : After our 2 nights stay in Ubud; we’re now bound to the city center of Bali. On our 3rd day we focuses on the famous photo spots area in Bali; the photos you see over Instagram and everything in between.
- Breakfast over our hotel
- buffet breakfast from our hotel (which is extremely good, though expect more Bali dishes for this hihi!)
- Check-out from Sari Villa Ubud
- Wanagiri Swing and Bird’s Nest
- Entrance Fee : IDR 50.000 per pax
- Lunch – Ngereng ngewedang
- Nice view !!! but service is slow
- Waterfall (*there was also a waterfall nearby; if you have more time to spare go with it)
- Handara Gate
- IDR 30.000 per pax
- Ulun Danu Temple
- IDR 50.000 per pax
- Check-in to Seminyak Villa – Villa Sunrise Seminyak
- Booking via Airbnb
- Rate :
- Dinner – Mcdonalds!!!!! Hahahaha!!!
- it was good to be back in the city!! first line of business is our comfort food haha!
- Night Out – La Favela
DAY 4 – ULUWATU
Overview : Happy Birthday Self! As I welcome my 27th Birthday over our villa fronting the swimming pool across our glass room. Coming from our late night out over La Favela – we managed for a staycation vibe over the morning, swam over the pool and waited for our tour for the rest of the day by the afternoon.
- South Kuta Tour
- Booked via Klook.com (Php 900.00 per pax / IDR 244.000 / USD 17)
- It is a good buy as it includes (van pick-up from hotel and back, Entrance Fees for the day, car service to Uluwatu)
- Padang – padang Beach
- IDR 30.000 (*part of the package)
- This beach is best for surfing, it was somehow crowded but it was still nice to spend a laid back afternoon
- Padang – padang Beach
- Lunch – over Warung
- Uluwatu Cliff
- Kecak Sunset Dance
- IDR 100.000 (*part of the package)
- Back to hotel
- Night Out – Motel Mexicola
Day 5 – FREE DAY!! SEMINYAK
Overview : For a week of itinerary, it is still best to spend a chill day where you get to decide where to go based on your preference. And the best place for the lazy day is thru — A VISIT TO THE BEACH!!!
We checked-out over our villa and moved to another hotel just across Seminyak as well – Seminyak Garden Hotel.
- Lunch over Rustica
- La Plancha Beach
- Beach bum
- Kynd Community *if you prefer
- Sea Circus
- W Bali Hotel Bamboo
Overview : Bound towards the end of our Bali escapade – one shouldn’t miss out this enchanting island of Bali. The Nusa Penida tour was actually our most expensive ticket towards the week.
Detailed Nusa Penida Guide Also read : NUSA PENIDA DAY TOUR
There were various tour agencies offering this tour and I loved how I discovered and booked thru Klook.com | it was hassle free and the package was also the cheapest compare to the rest of my researched. You also have the option to include the pick-up and drop off from and to your hotel so it would be more convenient.
- Pick-up from hotel in Seminyak
- Fast boat from Sanur to Nusa Penida
- Nusa Penida Tour booked via Klook.com – each pax may cost around IDR 600.000 / Php 2,100 each
- Kelingking Beach
- Angel Billabong
- Broken Beach
- Crystal Beach
- Back to Sanur
- Warung – over Sanur
- Dinner – Eat Lah
- TRY THE SALTED EGG FLAVORED CHICKEN!!! Super good!!!
If you wanted to see the actual places I’ve been, check out my IG story highlight under Bali @nathaliecsalcedo || all my Bali discoveries are there!!
See what best interests you and plan your itinerary well!!!
Hope this helps you too.
I’ll be happy to share my excel file for my actual expense, for your personal trip.
Follow me on IG @nathaliecsalcedo and send me DM if you need one!
I also update my FB Page @ilovenatsblog
Personal Notes :
A week to this beautiful island isn’t enough, if I’ll ever return to Bali I’d want to do it the solo way, I wanted to immerse more into their traditions and practices, I wanted to divulge more on beaches and go beyond the instagram photos we think Bali is.
Bali is more than a photo spot area, it is rich with so many wonders we should experience and see. I wanted to see more of this country. The cheap and fancy stay, the food that helped me be very healthy for almost a week with all the veggies and all that sorts, the view, the ambiance, the vibe — is what I would always look back.
All photos were all original from the blogger @nathaliecsalcedo
All my travels were self-financed and no sponsor was involve at any forms.