FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!!! Always a priority wherever we are, I call myself a Foodie falling in love with every dish each city and each province has to offer. It even give us that sense of memories — looking back on our travels. In this blog, I’ll share my personal discoveries during my Bacolod, Iloilo and Guimaras trip. So where to eat in these 3 provinces? Read On.
- TATOY’S MANOKAN in Ilo-Ilo City Proper – One of our first meal in Iloilo, is to go for something big and heavy for a lunch meal. Tatoy’s Manokan was definitely one of the famous restaurants around the city. They offer the best BAKED TALABA I ever tasted!!! Perfect for lunch or dinner time in big group to enjoy more meals.
- MADGE CAFE – stop looking for a Starbucks Cafe and try one of the famous coffee shop in Ilo-ilo, situated along the market and city proper. Famous celebrities and personalities make sure to visit this hidden gem. They offer great servings of cold or hot coffee. They also have some breads and small pastries to enjoy with. Don’t expect the place as something luxurious as it is just a typical and simple cafe shop around the market.
- PUNOT RESTAURANT – a casual / fine dining experience along Esplanade just beside SM Iloilo lies this resto house. The pasta and sisig was great and worth the visit after a long day. It was still affordable and the vibe and mood of the resto was definitely as must try!
- DESSERTS IN THE SKY just along Ilo-ilo City proper – if you are up for a quick frappe and dessert night always include this resto in your itineary. For that cakes and pastries fix, simple pica-pica or a night out with your friends this one is just perfect for you too!!
- TED’S LAPAZ BATCHOY in Ilo-ilo – You’ll see that Ilo-ilo offers the best batchoy. It is available almost everywhere around Ilo-ilo as one of its main dish offering. I remembered when it was our last day in Iloilo and still manages to eat Batchoy just right before we set our foot to the airport bound to Manila. *priorities
- FRESH SCALLOPS from Bantigue Sand Bar (Isla De Gigantes) – who wants fresh seafoods for lunch? Got these fresh scallops straight from the sea and was only boiled an hour prior our lunch. They served it with cooked rice and a special vinegar in it which makes it pretty more special. Ordered 200 pcs scallops since it is Php 1 per piece 😀
- MANOKAN COUNTRY from Bacolod – never missed Chicken Inasal where the best were served. Just along the Manokan Country lies different food stalls offering chicken inasal at a very cheap price.
- PITSTOP in Guimaras – never missed out the delicacy of Guimaras — the mangoes! Tried this Mango Pizza and Mango flavored spaghetti in the middle of our trip.
On a final note, there were still a lot of places to check out to this B-I-G Escapade! More food resto to check out and more landmarks to enjoy with. Let me know if you have more to add in this blog, I’ll be happy to update it as well.
If you are into your BIG escapade as well. You may check out the links below :
If you like this article don’t forget to follow and share
FB : @ilovenatsblog
IG : @nathaliecsalcedo